About Acorn Health’s safety protocols
Because we work in close physical proximity to clients, we’ve always had careful standards: If a child is sick, sessions are postponed until the family is well enough for services to resume. Staff illness results in either short-term coverage from another clinical team member, or rescheduling sessions.
Now, given the COVID-19 outbreak, Acorn Health has added new, strict safeguards
- We now screen employees and clients as they enter Acorn Health centers; anyone with symptoms is asked to return home and seek medical attention.
- Our high standards of cleanliness in our centers are higher, with daily cleaning and special focus on high-touch surfaces.
- We ask that family members not go past the reception area during pick-up and drop-off, so we can further control our clinical spaces.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectants are available across all our centers.
- We require mask wearing for staff and encourage it for clients who can tolerate it.
- We encourage home-based services, where available, when needed.
- We facilitate contract tracing and notification of possible exposure as needed. Every state in which Acorn Health provides services has vaccinations available for essential workers. Acorn Health strongly encourages all employees to receive the COVID- 19 vaccine.
Acorn Health’s leadership team is monitoring the latest information about COVID-19 each day, following guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as other national, state and local health agencies. As needed, we will update families, team members and others about our response to the pandemic, possibly, including disruption of service.
We are thankful for the trust you have placed in us and look forward to our continued partnership.
CEO, Acorn Health